Welcome to the website of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) for Reading & Mid Berkshire branch!
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion; we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
More Reading CAMRA news.
Our next social event
- First Thursday Branch Social Thursday 6th August 2015 8:00 pm Bull, Streatley
Our next branch meeting
- Branch Business Meeting Wednesday 8th July 2015 8:00 pm Castle Tap, Reading
For more details on the events above, including location and maps, click on the event name. More information on other branch events can be found in the Branch Diary.
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale in real pubs, and Reading CAMRA, the local branch, is active both in campaigning for real ale, but also socially.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be a just up your street. If you live in or near Reading, then Reading & Mid-Berkshire CAMRA are busy working to protect your pleasure. This web site will show you who we are, what we do and how to join us. If you don't live in this area please visit the National Website.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organization with over 130,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organization in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / readingCAMRA
- Friday, 15:06 : RT @SirenCraftBrew: Last call for Sessions & Sours! 25 Tickets left online, none on the door - eventbrite.co.uk/e/siren-craft-… pic.twitter.com/mxOTpwgid9
- Friday, 15:01 : RT @AlehouseReading: Feel like this heat wave isn't hot enough for you. Come and try the Wild Weather Fireball a chili infused... fb.me/5c9cM7dRm
- Friday, 12:36 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Support small #cider producers by asking your MP to support EDM 214 by @DJWarburton today! Visit tinyurl.com/cidercampaign
- Friday, 12:17 : RT @WildWeatherAles: Beer List Ready!!!! Tomorrows "Party At The Brewery" is going to be a great one!! hope to see you all soon!! pic.twitter.com/dAZSTq3dat
- Friday, 11:37 : RT @AbbotCookPub: @ReadingCAMRA 3 guest ales on @brainsbrewery Rev. James @bythehornsbrew old smoke and @HarbourBrewing American rye pic.twitter.com/5JXytCAJxU
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 12:36 : Support small #cider producers by asking your MP to support EDM 214 by @DJWarburton today! Visit tinyurl.com/cidercampaign
- Tuesday 30th June, 14:56 : RT @MyCommunityHelp: Protect our #pubs! @CAMRA_Official tells us about their campaign 2 protect #pubs by making them #communityassets #acv mycommunity.org.uk/?newsevents=pr…
- Tuesday 30th June, 20:53 : RT @Craig4CardiffN: Delighted to act as one of the joint hosts for the new MP's @CAMRA_Official reception - great organisation. pic.twitter.com/5VhdKtpb1B
- Tuesday 30th June, 20:10 : Welcoming the new MPs on the Thames @Marcus4Nuneaton @JoStevensLabour @Craig4CardiffN @SimonHoareMP pic.twitter.com/kwGgCUDQ5a
- Tuesday 30th June, 11:08 : RT @morningad: BREAKING: Second unauthorised demolition of London pub...bit.ly/1LztA7V @CAMRA_Official @ThePubChampion pic.twitter.com/VHoIlnL2XV
Twitter / readingbeerfest
- Tuesday 5th May, 09:15 : RT @getreading: Here's what you missed at @Readingbeerfest #rdguk #RBF2015 bit.ly/1DQ2Jfw pic.twitter.com/L3QEHjJHtS
- Tuesday 5th May, 07:16 : RT @getreading: Cheers! Recap all the pictures from @Readingbeerfest: getreading.co.uk/all-about/read… #RBF2015 #rdguk pic.twitter.com/1Bcrdg4XaX
- Monday 4th May, 20:22 : Please spare a couple of minutes of your time to complete our 2015 festival customer survey goo.gl/forms/YwZmFi6N…
- Monday 4th May, 19:02 : RT @getreading: .@Readingbeerfest celebrated in pictures: getreading.co.uk/whats-on/food-… #RBF2015 #rdgbeerfest pic.twitter.com/H9mKEXMALZ
- Monday 4th May, 16:37 : #RBF2015 is finished & we're packing up. Thanks to all our customers and volunteers. Stay tuned for #RBF2016 news pic.twitter.com/MHFAoT3nSR