Welcome to the website of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) for Reading & Mid Berkshire branch!
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion; we promote fine beers in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
More Reading CAMRA news.
Our next social event
- First Thursday Branch Social Thursday 4th June 2015 8:00 pm Bell, Waltham St Lawrence
Our next branch meeting
- Branch Business Meeting Wednesday 10th June 2015 8:00 pm Fox & Hounds, Caversham
For more details on the events above, including location and maps, click on the event name. More information on other branch events can be found in the Branch Diary.
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale in real pubs, and Reading CAMRA, the local branch, is active both in campaigning for real ale, but also socially.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be a just up your street. If you live in or near Reading, then Reading & Mid-Berkshire CAMRA are busy working to protect your pleasure. This web site will show you who we are, what we do and how to join us. If you don't live in this area please visit the National Website.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organization with over 130,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organization in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
Twitter / readingCAMRA
- Thursday, 13:12 : RT @ZerodegreesBeer: Happy Birthday #ZerodegreesReading too, 8 years! Like us on facebook or follow us here and get a beer & pizza for £8! pic.twitter.com/TaJxirGk7a
- Wednesday 20th May, 18:58 : RT @123mals: @CamraBSE Beer Fest Bell&Bottle Shinfield incl WBerks, Loddon, SHughes, Animal. Jump on Leopard 3 Bus from #woky pic.twitter.com/qKlSlDDjSe
- Wednesday 20th May, 09:52 : Congrats to our LocAle accredited @TheGrumpyGoat_ for winning the @AltReading Independent Business of the Year award! #rdguk
- Wednesday 20th May, 09:32 : RT @ZerodegreesBeer: #Brewmaster Angela Würges at Reading graduated from Technical University Munich as a Diplom Braumeisterin. Not easy. pic.twitter.com/PWpid3BqzX
- Friday 15th May, 22:09 : RT @castle_tap: Rocking the #LocAle tonight. @ReadingCAMRA pic.twitter.com/XpRIblqdla
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 08:44 : We're at the @hertscountyshow today with a selection of Hertforshire's finest ales! See us in the Made in Herts tent pic.twitter.com/lX2C8Mu8BL
- Thursday, 14:39 : Are you a licensee with a pub listed as an ACV? Here are ten reasons why it could benefit you: morningadvertiser.co.uk/Legal/Legislat…
- Wednesday 20th May, 18:02 : Thank you @PaulMartinMSP for tabling a lively debate on #pubco reform and @FergusEwingMSP committing to review the situation in Scotland!
- Wednesday 20th May, 12:47 : Make sure to tune into #Holyrood tonight at 5pm to watch the debate on #Pubco reform in Scotland! scottishparliament.tv
- Tuesday 19th May, 09:30 : CAMRA u 30s event, try free real ale from @SambrookAle, meet the brewers. Members & non members. Fox on the Hill, London SE5, 17/06, 5-10pm
Twitter / readingbeerfest
- Tuesday 5th May, 09:15 : RT @getreading: Here's what you missed at @Readingbeerfest #rdguk #RBF2015 bit.ly/1DQ2Jfw pic.twitter.com/L3QEHjJHtS
- Tuesday 5th May, 07:16 : RT @getreading: Cheers! Recap all the pictures from @Readingbeerfest: getreading.co.uk/all-about/read… #RBF2015 #rdguk pic.twitter.com/1Bcrdg4XaX
- Monday 4th May, 20:22 : Please spare a couple of minutes of your time to complete our 2015 festival customer survey goo.gl/forms/YwZmFi6N…
- Monday 4th May, 19:02 : RT @getreading: .@Readingbeerfest celebrated in pictures: getreading.co.uk/whats-on/food-… #RBF2015 #rdgbeerfest pic.twitter.com/H9mKEXMALZ
- Monday 4th May, 16:37 : #RBF2015 is finished & we're packing up. Thanks to all our customers and volunteers. Stay tuned for #RBF2016 news pic.twitter.com/MHFAoT3nSR