Real Cider & Perry
Real Cider is a long-established traditional drink which is produced naturally from apples and is neither carbonated nor pasteurised. However Real Cider, and its close relation Perry (which is made from pears) is often difficult to find. It is unfortunate that many of the most well known ciders and perries in the UK are cold, fizzy keg products which have been produced artificially rather than naturally.
It is well worth tracking down some real ciders and perries and more people are discovering for themselves how deliciously mellow, aromatic and intoxicating the flavours of naturally produced real cider and perry can be.
For pubs selling real cider in the area, see Local Pubs selling Real Cider or Perry.
For our Cider Pub of the Year competition, see Pub of the Year.
If you have any news, updates, corrections, or questions regarding real cider in the Reading area, please get in touch with our Cider Rep.
Local Cider and Perry makers
We have several producers of both cider and perry in the local area. In a similar vein to the LocAle initiative, Reading CAMRA promotes local ciders and perries that have been made within 30 miles of Reading.
Look out for them and support your local cidermakers!
- Ciderniks (Kintbury, Berkshire)
- Crazy Dave's Cider (Holyport, Berkshire)
- Lambourn Valley Cider (Great Shefford, Berkshire)
- Long Crendon Manor Cider (Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire)
- Mr. Whitehead's Cider Company (Colemore, Hampshire)
- Salt Hill Cider (Slough, Berkshire)
- Tutts Clump Cider (Bradfield, Berkshire)
- Woodley Sider (Woodley, Berkshire)
- Wyatt's Craft Cider (Cold Ash, Berkshire)
Twitter / CAMRA_APPLE
- Saturday 5th May, 15:20 : RT @CAMRA_Official: It's time to raise a glass to the two gold winners - @NempnettCider, Piglet's Choice Perry (left) and @harrys_cider… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday 5th May, 15:19 : RT @CAMRA_Official: .@oliverscider were named the silver winner for their perry and @WhinHillCider won their second award of the aftern… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday 5th May, 15:19 : RT @CAMRA_Official: We can also reveal the gold perry winner in the National Cider & Perry Championships 2018 is... @NempnettCider with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday 5th May, 15:16 : RT @CAMRA_Official: .@WhinHillCider won silver with Brown's, and White Jersey from the @OrgasmicCiderCo scooped bronze! Congratulations! #rbf18 #CiderMonth
- Saturday 5th May, 15:16 : RT @CAMRA_Official: 📣 The votes have been counted, and we can reveal that Scrummage from @harrys_cider is the gold cider in the Nationa… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…